Skipathon will take place in schools across Devon and Cornwall on 22-26 January 2018. This fun, simple, inclusive skipping activity gets every one active whilst raising funds for the South West Rotary Youth Games.
Here’s how your school can take part in Skipathon 2018:
- Decide on a day and time between 22-26th January 2018
- Choose your format
- How long can we skip without stopping?
- How many times can we skip in one minute?
- Or every class skips for 15 minutes or set up different skipping activities to complete.
- Students can time or count skips forwards/backwards/number of people who skip together etc
- Organise for a parent or teacher to be the judge and award certificates to all participants. See Downloads below.
- Students can take photos and write up the results for the school newsletter or local paper.
- Invent your own skipping rhyme and routine.
- Research skipping - where did it start? How long has it been around? Students could write an article for the school newsletter or website.
- Post your school’s activities on your social media channels and we will share your story, use the hashtag #skipathon
All money will go towards the South West Youth Games Trust and enable us to to deliver more innovative and inclusive sporting and physical activity experiences for young people across Devon and Cornwall.
Set up your own fundraising page at www.justgiving.com and donate to 'South West Youth Games' or download the sponsorship form below and submit your funds via www.justgiving.com/swyouthgames or email email@example.com for alternative payment methods.
There will be sports equipment prizes for the Devon and Cornwall schools that raises the most money for the South West Youth Games.